Do You Have A Question About Your Gun? Has Your Gun Been Damaged by Water?
Send us your question, and one of our club members will try to help you. Please include your name and email address along with the question and any other information that might helpful. Also, send along a few pictures of your gun.
We will get back to you in a few days.
Things to do and not do:
- Oil, don’t clean unless you know how!
- Soak in oil to mitigate rust, Don’t sand, use steel wool.
- Do not take an historical piece and have it re-blued! (refinishing kills collectible value)
- Do not alter or shorten the stock or barrel, or change the actions in any way.
- Do bring it to our monthly meeting and get instructions from experts.
- Always make sure antiquities are clear of powder, projectiles and shells before transporting.
(if you are unsure, send a picture and your phone # we will have a person call you and walk you through the process.)
Guidance on Firearms That Have Been Submerged or Exposed To Extensive Amounts of Water How do you treat a firearm that has sat in flood waters or has been exposed to floodwaters for even a limited time? The Sporting Arms And Ammunitions Manufacturing Institute Inc. (SAAMI) has instructions